What to do if we are attempting to pay an individual a final payment on a mobile homebut he is not answering our calls?

UPDATED: Sep 19, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 19, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if we are attempting to pay an individual a final payment on a mobile homebut he is not answering our calls?

We paid the individual $10,000 down on a mobile home with an amount due of $5,000 by the end of the year. I have called him to tell him that I have his final payment and he hung up on me and is not returning our calls. We are hearing that he is wanting us to default so that he can take the trailer back over without paying us our $10,000 back. How do I make him take the payment and get the title from him if he won’t return my calls?

Asked on September 19, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Georgia


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Do you have a written contract for this transaction?   And proof of down payment?  And I am hoping that you are in possession of the mobile home, correct? It may be in your best interest to hire an attorney on a flat fee basis (say a few hundred dollars) to sit down and write a letter for you enclosing the final payment and sending it by certified mail.  The letter should also request that he turn over the title to the mobile home with in a certain time frame.  Once that is done and the time frame passes, and he has not turned it over, sue him for the title. He will not respond to you.  You need clout.  Good luck.   

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption