was struck on top of my head by a piece of metal throne by my employer, do i have a case

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

was struck on top of my head by a piece of metal throne by my employer, do i have a case

was struck on top of my head by a piece of metal throne by my employer

Asked on February 24, 2018 under Personal Injury, Oregon


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

If your employer intentionally threw the metal at you, you can sue your employer for assault and battery.  Assault and battery are both civil (lawsuit) and criminal.  The civil and criminal cases proceed independently of each other.
If your employer's act was not intentional, but was negligent, you have a workers' compensation claim because you were injured on the job. Your workers' compensation claim will provide you with medical treatment and compensation for your injury.  Your employer's human resources office should have the applicable forms you will need to file for workers' compensation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption