was evicted from\ own property by man living w/my mom @ time her death. Im unable appeal cause 3 of the 5 days allowed COURT CLOSED. WHAT DO I DO?

UPDATED: May 11, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 11, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

was evicted from\ own property by man living w/my mom @ time her death. Im unable appeal cause 3 of the 5 days allowed COURT CLOSED. WHAT DO I DO?

MY Mother passed in 2003, my Brother & I never did anything about the 4 acres she owned, which I have lived on since purchased in 1983. The man living w/ her at her death. I allowed to stay, now he thinks he owns the property evicted me. While I was out of town visiting sick brother. Judgement agaist me. The court said that I had to have a lawyer to appeal. On friday went to the court to file the appeal and the court was closed.(fri, sat, sun.) I have to be out by 1200 midnite 05112009…How can he do this behind my back &LEGALLY EVICT ME FROM MY OWN PROPERTY?

Asked on May 11, 2009 under Estate Planning, Texas


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

This sounds like a nightmare!  I need to have some more facts here to help you.  Was the guy married to your mom?  Did your mom ever give this man title to the property?  How is it that this man has title to the property?  Did you mom leave the property to this man in her will?  Were you served with a notice to quit?  were you served with eviction papers?  It sounds like you were out of town and the guy pulled a fast one on you.  If there is a judgment, then the guy can enforce it and have a marshal remove you from the premises.  I suggest moving out to avoid an arrest and then hiring a lawyer to file an appeal.  You do not have a lot of time to wait before yourt rights to appeal expire.  Therefore, I would file the appeal in the next week will the help of a lawyer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption