Violating Deferred Adjudication

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Violating Deferred Adjudication

I was on one year deferred adjudication in Michigan. I violated my probation by leaving the state. I am not planning on returning back to Michigan and Michigan will not extradite me. Is there a statue of limitations on my warrant there for violating probation?

Asked on September 29, 2017 under Criminal Law, Texas


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Warrants do not expire. Therefore, yours will remain active until you go back to the court where it was issued and appear before a judge. Until you do, the warrant will show up in an employment background check, or if you are stopped for even just a speeding ticket in which case you can be arrested. You then may or may not be be extradited. Even if you are not extrdited, getting taken into custody repeatedly can be embarrassing. At this point you should consult directly with a local criminal law attorney for further advice.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption