Unpaid Wages I’m filing a claim. Can I get compensated for bank fees also? …How can I expedite this?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Unpaid Wages I’m filing a claim. Can I get compensated for bank fees also? …How can I expedite this?

Because I was having problems with my pay, I resigned from Allied Universal two weeks ago. They haven’t given me my final pay. I just get a new story each time I call or email. The last I heard they were referring this to corporate HR. The hours recorded by the computer system and phone system are inaccurate edited and they don’t have my hours recorded. My ops manager said my hours had been processed but that’s not the case. He told me a direct deposit was coming June 7, 2018. He has referred it to Corporate now. They owe me 49.5 hours and I’m also having to pay bank fees. Can you please help me?

Asked on June 12, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, California


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You can sue your former employer for breach of contract / account stated. Depending on the amount you are owed, you may be able to file your lawsuit in small claims court. Your damages (monetary compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit) are the amount you are owed. Upon prevailing in the case, you can also recover court costs which include the court filing fee and process server fee.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption