uninsured accident

UPDATED: Jun 4, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 4, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

uninsured accident

i was in an accident that was not my fault when i called into my insurance i foumd out it had lapsed i don’t know what to do i live in pa

Asked on June 4, 2009 under Accident Law, Pennsylvania


L.M., Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

If the accident was not your fault, did you get the insurance information from the at-fault party?  You should contact them and make a claim for your damages and any injury you have.  Insurance companies typically give you notice before your policy lapses, that you are late with a premium payment.  Then there is a grace period.  Check the dates.  If you received notice and didn't pay, and your policy lapsed, sorry, you are not insured and will have to ask to be reinstated.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption