What options do I have for a failure to appear for a DUI if I have paid all fines, however I now I live in another state?

UPDATED: Sep 3, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 3, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What options do I have for a failure to appear for a DUI if I have paid all fines, however I now I live in another state?

Asked on September 3, 2012 under Criminal Law, Georgia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you failed to appear at a criminal hearing concerning a DUI matter, most likely the court issued a bench warrant for your arrest. You need to get the bench warrant recalled despite the fact that you may have paid all fines that were assessed against you for the offense in that if you get pulled over by law enforcement you very well will be arrested and booked in the county jail. To get the warrant recalled you need to retain a criminal defense attorney who practices law in the county and state where the warrant was issued.

Once recalled, have the attorney assist you in getting the balance of the matter against you resolved.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption