Traffic School

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Traffic School

I was told by a judge to got to traffic school for a 4 hour class. And to also pay a $200 fee. I already completed the 4 hour class and paid $100 for the fee. The caseworker told me that if I did not pay the rest she would send it back to court. The what am I supposed to do?

Asked on January 18, 2018 under General Practice, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You were ordered to pay a $200 fee; if you don't pay the full amount, you will be breach of the court order and the matter can go back to the court. If at all possible, pay the fee (for example, borrow from a friend or family member) to avoid this happening; if you can't, then all you can do is when you do back before the judge is to explain your financial circumstances, point out that you made a partial payment (paid what you could) and ask if the judge will give you a payment plan allowing you to pay the balance over time.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption