What will happen if my 14 year old son was found in possession of nude or semi-nude photographs of his female peers?

UPDATED: May 2, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 2, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What will happen if my 14 year old son was found in possession of nude or semi-nude photographs of his female peers?

Some were received from the girls, others his friends sent to him (unsolicited, he claims). The DA was contacted and they said they rarely press charges for this sort of thing. Realistically though, what should I expect for my son?

Asked on May 2, 2014 under Criminal Law, New Mexico


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I sugegst as a safeguard that you consult with a criminal defense attorney in your community about the situation to be proactive and listen to the attorney's advise. Such an attorney that practices juvenile law can be found on attorneypages.com to assist you and your son.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption