This will be a brief overview.

UPDATED: Oct 15, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

This will be a brief overview.

Had an motor vehicle accident not covered by insurance had one estimate that seemed high got a second for thousands less. Chose the lower estimate shop and was told job would take four weeks. After refusing delivery two times due to sub par work finally took delivery after a total of fifteen weeks. Now I am finding many substandard aspects of the work as well as finding some parts that were supposed to be replaced have not been. Parts have also been broken by the shop. I don’t want to pay another shop to fix it as I already paid $ 12,000 to have the car fixed. I also don’t feel confident that this shop can fix the car the way it should be. What can I do?

Asked on October 15, 2012 under General Practice, New Jersey


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you are not happy with the work that this presumed automotive shop performed that is licensed in your state as a repair facility, I suggest that you first make a complaint with your state's bureau of automotive repairs as to what happened and your concerns.

Such entity regulates licensed car repair facilities and fields consumer complaints. Such seems to be the best recourse for you at this time and based upon the investigation you might be able to get some semblance of recourse. The other option is to hire an attorney that practices law in the area of automotive repair.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption