third DUI offense

UPDATED: Jun 3, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 3, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

third DUI offense

My husband is being charged with a third DUI and I was wondering how much time he is likely to spend for this?  There are other charges with this but i’m mainly concerned with the DUI.

Asked on June 3, 2009 under Criminal Law, North Carolina


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

He is most likely looking at jail time in the amount of a year at the very least.  I suggest that you speak to a lawyer on the issue of whether there are any defenses to the basis for the stop and whether the sobrety tests that were performed were done in accordance with NC law.  i would need to see the police report to make this determination.  i suggest making an appointment with the lawyer so that you can know what the risks are as the lawyer will most likely have the file details and will be able to see the evidence the prosecutor has.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption