What to do if my picture is being used by an escort service with which I do not now or have ever had an affiliation?

UPDATED: Sep 6, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 6, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my picture is being used by an escort service with which I do not now or have ever had an affiliation?

There is a lady here in my state running an escort service online. I was informed through a friend that my pictures are being used on there. I clearly do not do this type of work never have and clearly never will. I currently and fighting a legal case from last year at the moment,I am in school and I am a mother. I can bot have this lady ruining my reputation. What can I do ? What should I do I need to put a stop to this; it is disgusting somebody would do this.

Asked on September 6, 2012 under Personal Injury, Alabama


Leigh Anne Timiney / Timiney Law Firm

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You should contact an attorney and have your attorney send the business owner a cease and desist letter right away.  She does not have the right or authority to use your likeness.  If you can show that her use of your likeness in association with this business has affected you negatively in any way, you can then pursue her for the damage this has caused you.  Good luck to you. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption