The other guys insurance does not want to cover all of the damage to my vehicle.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

The other guys insurance does not want to cover all of the damage to my vehicle.

I was rear ended, the other guys
insurance will pay for the bumper
damage but will not pay for the rear
end hearing to the right. The
vehicle did not hear to the right
before the accident but the
insurance company is saying that it
is normal ware and tare do to the
high mileage 117,000 on the front
end the tie rods but it is the rear
that is vearing to the right and
this was not a problem before the
accident. What can I do about this?

Asked on February 22, 2016 under Accident Law, Alaska


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Your only recourse is to reject the settlement offer from the insurance company for the property damage to your car, and file a lawsuit for negligence against the at-fault party.  Your damages (monetary compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit for negligence) would be the cost of repairs to your car.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption