Do I have a legal route to address harassing messages from my e-husband since legally I have 100% visitation?

UPDATED: Jan 26, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 26, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do I have a legal route to address harassing messages from my e-husband since legally I have 100% visitation?

The court awarded me 100% time share of my daughter because of abandonment of my ex-husband. After a few years I let him start visiting with her on the condition that he was an active person in her life. After 3 weeks he moved across the state. He promised to pick her up for a week of Christmas vacation but the day of he called and said he can’t get her. I cut on contact because she is so upset with him never following through with his word. Now he is harrassing me via text message about cutting contact.

Asked on January 26, 2013 under Family Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If your "ex" is sending you harassing text messages, print them out and consult with a family law attorney as to whether such warrant a petition with the family law court seeking a cease and desist order from having any more sent to you. At a minimum, the "ex" deserves a cease and desist letter telling him to stop the bad behavior.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption