What can happenifa bond company revokes a bondbecause of an alleged non-payment?

UPDATED: Jun 6, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 6, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can happenifa bond company revokes a bondbecause of an alleged non-payment?

The bond company we used to bond my boyfriend out is threatening to revoke bond because they say we haven’t paid the bond off. However I have the receipts showing it has been in full. Can they legally do this?

Asked on June 6, 2011 under Criminal Law, Texas


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Possibly because they agreement to pay is a contract and if you read the agreement does it actually state that they can revoke the bond for non payment?  You agreed to the terms.  Now, you of course have a right to fight this and great grounds for doing so: payment in full.  It is possible that they just made a mistake but I agree that threatening you is no way to deal with the matter.  Bail bondmen do not have the best reputations for handling things.  Have you ever seen them portrayed in movies or reality shows?  It is not to say that they need to live up to their reputations.  But you need to handle yourself with the greatest of composure and explain that you have a receipt for payment in full and would they like you to fax it to them?  Then I am sure that it will all be cleared up.  Good luck. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption