Terms and Condition of a lease agreement

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Terms and Condition of a lease agreement

We signed a lease and after signing said lease, the pet addendum section of our lease was for the incorrect address. The addendum stated that we were allowed 1 dog and 1 cat but again the listed address on the addendum is incorrect. Would if be a violation of our lease if we were to acquire another animal either cat or dog even though the addendum is not correct?

Asked on September 22, 2019 under Real Estate Law, Massachusetts


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

The incorrect address is a minor mistake which can be corrected with an amendment. The incorrect address does not justify breaching the lease and acquiring additional pets.
The lease is a contract. If a party to a contract knows or has reason to know of a mistake in the contract, the mistake cannot be used against the other party to the contract.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption