termination after one year of service.

UPDATED: Jun 2, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 2, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

termination after one year of service.

I worked for this company for 1 year prior to termination. I will update my resume and included this work experience. I strongly belive I was terminated for unjust reasons.I need to use this past employer for work references but, I have no idea what the past employer will give for a work reference to any interested employer. What do you recommend I do? Thanks!!

Asked on June 2, 2009 under Criminal Law, Michigan


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

This unfortunately is not an answer I can really provide. Without knowing the specifics of your relationship with the company, your work history and the events leading up to termination it is impossible to predict what the employer will say

If you need to be sure call up and ask whether you can use them as a reference that will provide a general idea of what to expect. if you feel it would be damaging to have the past employer contacted you may want to list them and simply say do not contact if it is between missing them on the resume and a bad reference.

However without the specifics its tough to guess in this instance so do some research and i am sure that will get you to a better answer for yourself

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption