Tax Debts: When Will the IRS Accept Installment Payments?

When you’re trying to resolve Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax debts, it’s important to know all of your options. One of the most common tax debt resolutions is an IRS installment payment agreement. Our tax law expert explains when an IRS installment payment agreement is accepted and how a tax law attorney can make a difference.

IRS Tax Debt Settlement

We’ve all seen the television advertisements from companies claiming that they can settle Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax debt for pennies on the dollar. Are these claims of tax debt relief simply too good to be true? Our tax law expert has the answer.

What should I do if I can’t afford to pay my federal income taxes?

If you are unable to pay your federal income taxes, be honest with the IRS agent handling your case and explain the reasons why you cannot afford to pay. The IRS will work with you to reach a fair solution, either through an installment agreement, an offer in compromise, or an offer to delay collection until you are financially able to repay back taxes.