Speeding Fine ticket different state

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Speeding Fine ticket different state

I am in florida, I got a speeding ticket from arizona for time I was there and
also a court order saying ‘Must Appear’. What should i do ?

If I pay fine , do i need to go to court ?

Asked on November 3, 2017 under General Practice, Florida


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

It would be advisable to call the court to inquire if you pay the fine do you need to still appear because the court rules vary from court to court. The matter should be taken off calendar if the fine is paid, but you need to confirm that with the court clerk.
If the court clerk says you still need to appear, ask if you can make a telephone appearance instead of being physically present in the courtroom since you live in another state. 
If a telephone appearance is allowed, ask the court clerk for the forms you will need to request a telephonic appearance and the deadline for filing those forms.
If you don't timely file the correct forms for requesting a telephone appearance, your request will be denied.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption