speeding and hov ticket

UPDATED: Apr 29, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 29, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

speeding and hov ticket

i was ticketed for speeding and driving in the hov lane. i never signed either ticket, can i get off?

Asked on April 29, 2009 under Criminal Law, Georgia


L.M., Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Not likely.  Signing the ticket is normally just a technicality.  If you go to court to try to get out of it on that basis, the officer who issued the ticket will likely appear to attest to the fact that he gave you the ticket and that will be the end of your argument.  Both of these traffic offenses are serious enough alone, but in combination could be a very expensive road trip.  In Georgia, illegally driving in the HOV lane is a misdemeanor with a $75 fine.  The speeding violation will be more expensive at somewhere between $145 and $325.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption