What to do if someone at the company that I work at changed my approved hours?

UPDATED: Nov 8, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 8, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if someone at the company that I work at changed my approved hours?

During last year I was working as an IT consultant through a vendor of a large corporation. About 10 months ago I worked 210 hours. I entered my time in their on-line system and printed out the screen shot and had my manager approved and signed it. Approximately a month later someone from the corporation went into my time a reduced it by 30 hours. Who do I file a report against with the board of labor – the agency that paid me or the corporation that changed my hours?

Asked on November 8, 2011 under Employment Labor Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you believe that the hours were changed by the corporation, as you apparently do, it would be the one that you file a complaint with the department of labor against, and/or bring you own civil lawsuit against. If the agency merely pays you based on the hours logged in by the corporation, their client, then the agency did not necessarily do anything wrong.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption