How do I get out of a contract that I signed with a Karate school due to their lack of delivering what was promised?

UPDATED: May 29, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 29, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I get out of a contract that I signed with a Karate school due to their lack of delivering what was promised?

The school has gone down hill over the past year. There is no adult supervision. The lead instructor has left (no longer with the company) and the school is being run by teenage (minors) instructors in charge. There has been no office/branch manager for the past 6 months. The owner is only seen once a month but no improvements or efforts have been made to re-establish the school to the previous condition as when we signed up 3 years ago.

Asked on May 29, 2012 under General Practice, Colorado


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You are going to have to determine if in fact the school has "breached" their agreement and if in fact they have, I would seek help in having it rendered void.  You yourself can not just stop paying because you would be in breach and they would sue you.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption