Should I talk to the IC’s Investigator

UPDATED: Jun 2, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 2, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Should I talk to the IC’s Investigator

I hurt my thumb @ work. IC Dr’s said it was arthrit. I went to a QME who reported I need a fusion & it is a industral injury. IC adj. sent me a check for back disability, (from time of QME appt.) & a list of MPN Dr’s I could choose. I picked 1 & now she won’t schedule a appt. until I see her Investigator again. She wants my medical past, which I have none, I haven’t been to a Dr. since 1979 & that was ER for a broke pinky. My thumb gets worse everyday & more painful. I don’t know what to do. Please, any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time. Sincerely

Asked on June 2, 2009 under Insurance Law, California


L.M., Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I don't think it would be a problem for you to talk to the investigator.  You don't have anything to hide.  They are looking for a pre-existing injury or condition.  Note that even if you had arthritis, you can hurt your thumb at work and worsen its condition, so that wouldn't preclude a claim; it might make it worth less, though. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption