Should I reach out to a lawyer in my situation?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Should I reach out to a lawyer in my situation?

I need to know what to do. I work in construction and
I was referred to a person that needed some help
with some properties New Link Destination
work on like roofs. Well I
reached out to this person and we both agreed on
the Pay and so I finished 2 of his houses and I was
done. So I told him that I would not continue to help
him anymore because of the way he treated me and
he got hostile and starting yelling at me and treating
me poorly, he said all of this things to me and wont
stop texting me he is obligating me to work with with.
We do not have a contract or signed any form stating
that I would. I was only referred to him. Well he is
telling me that we are going to have serious
problems because I dont want to work with him
anymore. He is pretty much harassing me and I do
not know what to do? Pretty much if I dont work with
him he is going to make my life a living hell. I feel like
he is going to make up all of these things to try to get
me in trouble and I dont know what should I do?
Please advise on what I should do.

Asked on October 22, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, Arkansas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Contact the police and file a police report and ask to press charges. Harassment is against the law. Going through the police is likely the fastest and most cost effective way to proceed; while you could potentially sue him and seek a court order against him contacting you, that will take weeks or months and for a good chance of success, you'd need to hire an attorney to represent you--but the police are free.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption