Should I get a lawyer if I was rear-ended and started treatmentwith a chiroopractor?

UPDATED: Oct 8, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 8, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Should I get a lawyer if I was rear-ended and started treatmentwith a chiroopractor?

I told the chiropractor that I was feeling better at that time, which has been about 4 weeks now. I called the chiropractor back and told them I was having pain again and the lady said I would have to pay out of my pocket for treatment because my case was closed. Does the insurance company still have to pay for my treatment or should I get a lawyer? I signed a paper at the chiropractor saying I was OK at that moment.

Asked on October 8, 2011 under Personal Injury, Texas


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You should visit with a personal injury attorney about your case.  Before you set up an appointment, gather as many of your records and notes as possible so that the attorney can give you a better assessment of your situation. The statute of limitations for a personal injury lawsuit has not run...but a great deal of what future remedies you have will depend on what you have already signed or agreed to and the nature of your injuries.  It’s hard to tell based on your question what exactly you signed, but this could potentially be a deal breaker for some future remedies—depending on what you signed or agreed to.  If you have already reached a settlement of some sort, a personal injury attorney may not be able to offer much more help.  However, if the document that you signed was just some type of assessment form between you and your doctor, you may still have some viable options depending on the extent of your injuries.   Soft tissue injuries tend to be a bit more subjective than more concrete injuries (say a broken arm).  A personal injury attorney will need to see the extent of your injuries to see if there are other options for getting the insurance company to pay.  Many personal injury attorneys will give you a basis consultation free of charge or for a nominal fee.  If you are still in pain, it’s worth the time to see what exact options are still available to you. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption