Should I file a sexual harassment lawsuit?

UPDATED: May 30, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 30, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Should I file a sexual harassment lawsuit?

I’m a 21 year old female. Latley, I feel as if it is getting to the point that I am uncomfortable at work and I can’t let the management team know because they are the ones doing it. One of the managers made my 4 number punch in “6969” along with making comment along the lines of, “I’d love to rub my balls across your face”. What should I do?

Asked on May 30, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, New Hampshire


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

What you describe certainly sounds like sexual harassment--it's harder to imagine, actually, much more clear cut examples of sexual harassment that would not involve physical assault. Since sexual harassment is clearly against the law, you could have a claim for monetary compensation. You should consult with an employment law attorney, who can review the situation in detail and confirm that you have a viable case; the lawyer can then either file a lawsuit on your behalf and/or help you file a complaint with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or your state equal rights or civil rights agency. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption