Should I contest my parent’s Will if my brother and I were left out and my aunts is now receiving 50%?

UPDATED: Jan 18, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 18, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Should I contest my parent’s Will if my brother and I were left out and my aunts is now receiving 50%?

She is the executor of the estate and the witnesses of the Will are her live in boyfriend and ex-sister-in-law. The notary of the Will is her brother’s long time girlfriend.

Asked on January 18, 2015 under Estate Planning, California


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You may have a legitimate claim here. However, contesting a Will is time intensive and typically quite expensive, not to mention difficult to win. If you think that it's worth your time and money, then you should consult directly with a probate attorney. They can review all of the details of your case and best counsel you as to whether or not going forward with a case is advisable.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption