Sexual harassment

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Sexual harassment

My boss will come up behind me and
grab my wait or try to tickle me.
He will also come up behind me and
put his arm around me. Then one
morning he called me before I was
supposed to be at work, he asked
if I had left the house yet. I
told him no I was getting ready.
He said did I catch you naked,
then laughed and said who he was.
Is there anything I can do or is
it his word against mine? If it’s
his word against mine will
anything be done unless I can get

Asked on November 10, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Legally, unwanted touching or uninvited sexual comments are illegal workplace discrimination. You could file a complaint against him. There is no formal legal need for other proof (e.g. recordings, photos, text or email admissions or statements, corroborating testimony from other employees), though certainly other proof helps; still, in the absence of other proof, it can proceed on a your word vs. his basis, and while technically, the burden of proof would be on you, as the complainant or plaintiff, that burden is so slight (basically, intead of it being 50-50, think  of it as you have to be 50.1% or more believable, and him 49.9% or less--i.e. you have to be just fractionally or slightly more credible) that it almost comes down simply to who is more credible, and if you are more credible, you could win. You therefore may wish to contact the federal EEOC about possibly filing a complaint.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption