Selling Alchohol to a minor question

UPDATED: Jul 5, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 5, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Selling Alchohol to a minor question

I was ticketed for selling alcohol to a minor in 2004 then again in 2006 . On the 2006 offense I was arrested where at the time I pleaded guilty to both times. I was told that I could have these both expunged since I pled guilty to both of them on the same date. I would really like to know if anyone knows if this is true. I have tried contacting a few lawyers to ask but no one will return my calls. I read up on the expungement laws in Oklahoma but am somewhat confused. I completed my probation and my community service as required and have no other arrests.

Asked on July 5, 2009 under Criminal Law, Oklahoma


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

In terms of returning your calls, you need to set up appointments to discuss with a lawyer -- not simply ask the question and expect to get a response.  Try and check his or her record at the Oklahoma State Bar.

Many states do not offer expungement for having pled guilty; they only offer if you have had the conviction lessened to a misdemeanor or dismissed, or found not guilty. 

Further, I believe in Oklahoma though the disposition may be expunged, I don't think the arrest can be expunged.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption