What to do if I sold a mobile home 6 months ago and the buyer has not yet removed it from my property?

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I sold a mobile home 6 months ago and the buyer has not yet removed it from my property?

The buyer was given 30 days to move it. I have no way of contacting them. Can I resell or remove the mobile home without being sued?

Asked on August 8, 2011 Alabama


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

If the owner of the mobile home that you sold has not remove it from your land after six months post sale, you should do the following:

1. Send the new owner a letter demanding that the mobile home be removed from your land by a certain date, and if not, rent would be charged at the rate of so much per month on a pro-rated basis. Keep a copy of this letter for future reference.

2. If the mobile home is not removed after a month or two after you send the suggested letter, you should consider filing a lawsuit against the new owner for trespass and an injunction from the court allowing you to dispose of the mobile home in a manner that the court deems appropriate.

That way you are protected by a court order.

You should consult a real estate estate attorney about your problem.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption