What are my rights regarding the seller’s not disclosing road volume and noise?

UPDATED: Jun 11, 2019

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 11, 2019Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights regarding the seller’s not disclosing road volume and noise?

I bought a house and just moved in. The seller did not disclose crazy road usage from non-residents passing through at constant and at high speed. The HOA has no postings about this either on common grounds. Neighbors gave me previous the HOA minutes where they note its an issue but indicated

Asked on June 11, 2019 under Real Estate Law, Indiana


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Unfortunately, a seller has no obligaton to disclose conditions off their property or originating from off their property, such as excessive traffic, dangerous driving, traffic noise--or, for that matter, pollution, crime in the neighborhood, a lack of street parking, etc. Similarly, the HOA has no legal obligation to post about noicer, traffice, and the like. Since there was no legal obligation to disclose, you have no recourse.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption