School district not paying salary quoted

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

School district not paying salary quoted

I left a charter school to go to a local district. I agreed and accepted a specific offer. I get my first paycheck and its tremendously short. Payroll said I was given the wrong quote which is 14k less than I agreed and Contracted too. This is around a 17.5k payout from my previous job. They arent letting me out of my contract so that I can go back to my previous job. Do I have options?

Asked on March 4, 2019 under Employment Labor Law, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

If there is a contract as you indicate, is the salary in the contract? If it is, you can enforce that contract against them: they have to pay you as per the terms of the contract. If the will not pay you the amount in the contract, you could sue them for the extra pay which they contractually agreed to provide; or you could use their breach of contract (violation of its terms) as grounds to terminate the conrtract and your employment without penalty, since when one party violates or breaches a contract in a material, or important, way, the other party may treat the contract as terminated by the breach.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption