Same 22 year old out-of-state question — sorry i can’t check my initial e-mail for some reason. do you mind pasting answer here? sorry

UPDATED: May 9, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 9, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Same 22 year old out-of-state question — sorry i can’t check my initial e-mail for some reason. do you mind pasting answer here? sorry

Two 22 year-olds from out of state visited me at my college, and one brought an alcoholic beverage. They both drank, but did not offer me any during the time they spent in my room. They, however, forgot that they had left the remainder of the alcohol in my room, and I drank the alcohol in my room alone. However, i got sick and was sent to the university health center, and then the police found out. with my school policy, i won’t get in trouble, but will the 21-year old who brought the alcohol will? i asked the detective, and he promised that the 21 year-old wouldn’t, but can i trust him?

Asked on May 9, 2009 under Criminal Law, New Jersey


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

So basically I said no they won't get in trouble because they could possess alcohol and they didn't offer it to you.  I said why would you try the alcohol -== hope you learned your lesson.  As far as you not getting into trouble -- why wouldn't you if your school has certain policies?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption