Request for production

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Request for production

i am defendant pro se in credit card collection. ive answered petition and other
motions. Trial was set last week and plantiff submitted 150 pgs to prove up
claim. these are docs i had not seen. Judge handed me the exhibit and reset
the trail next month…the exhibit did not have signed CC agreement, any records
support debt, and no record of payments….Question should i file a Request for
Production or present the deficiencies during trail

Asked on October 24, 2018 under Business Law, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

If the trial is in one month it is almost certainly too late to seek discovery: generally the other side has a month or more simply to respond to the request--at a minimun. (For example in NJ, they get 35 days.) Plus you are likely beyond the "discovery end date" for this case. While you could ask the court to let you request more discovery,  you are unlikely to be granted that time: even though you are pro se you are held to the same court rules as an attorney, such as that you should have know when you had to make any discovery requests. You are most likely going to have to attack any deficiencies at trial.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption