UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption


If I brought 2 tickets to an event but never received the tickets or a refund what steps should I take? I contacted my bank they told me since it was past 90 days, they couldn’t do anything and the company that handled the transaction told me they couldn’t refund the money for the company.

Asked on October 4, 2017 under Business Law, Maryland


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Your recourse--at this point, your only recourse--would be to sue for the money: when someone does not provide what you paid for or return the money, you can sue them for your money. Of course, if they are providing a refund, there is no point in suing; all you can get is the money you paid, nothing more. If they do not in fact return the money, then you could sue--though bear in mind that if the company is not local to you (same county), you can't sue in small claims court but would rather have to sue in "regular" county court, so you could spend more time and effort on this than it is worth.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption