reducing my sons ticket

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

reducing my sons ticket

My son was given a ticket for texting which was
double points because of an accident in a snow in
December. The asst da will not do anything for him
and reduce ticket so he has lost his license. He is a
good kid who has never been in trouble. He is going
to college on a baseball scholarship and needs his
license to attend many events. We can not afford a
lawyer and da is not willing to budge.

Asked on October 11, 2019 under General Practice, Wisconsin


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

If you son was texting, then if the DA will not agree to a more favorable plea or deal, there is nothing you can do. There is no right to more lenient treatment; it is up to the prosecutor. If the prosecutor refuses to budge, you can't force him to let your son plea to a lesser or different offense; the prosecutor may proceed against your son on the offense he committed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption