If I was recently was placed on house arrest while living at a friend of mine’s but now I have to move, what do I do?

UPDATED: Oct 20, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 20, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I was recently was placed on house arrest while living at a friend of mine’s but now I have to move, what do I do?

The house arrest was scheduled for only 27 days; I have done 7 of them. Since my roommate desperately wishes me out, how do I go about moving? The only other place other that I have to stay at is out of state. It is my parent’s residence. How do I get approval to move there and see my prohbation transfered?

Asked on October 20, 2012 under Criminal Law, Indiana


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Under the laws of all states in this country a landlord must give a tenant at least thirty (30) days to move out. As such, in your matter your roommate should give you the same time period to move which would allow you to get your twenty-seven (27) days of house arrest completed without having to move while under such an arrest.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption