What to do if I received a citation for a minor in consumption?

UPDATED: Oct 18, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 18, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I received a citation for a minor in consumption?

Cop did not breathalize or do any sobriety tests. Simply asked my friend and I if we had been drinking she immediately said yes.they stated they stopped us while walking because we did not appear to be over 18 (we are). Never asked for our identification/driver’s license. Could I fight this? At the clerk’s office she informed me I couldn’t not have the right to a public defender due to the fact it is my first MIC. Was convicted of an underage dui last summer, I am on unsupervised probation so if I get convicted this will be a probation violation? What are possible consequences?

Asked on October 18, 2012 under Criminal Law, Idaho


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I suggets that you immediately consult with a criminal defense attorney to assist you in the minor in consumption citation to assist you in the matter that you have written about. If you are deemed to have been in violation of the charge that you have written about where you are on probation, you could have your probationary terms ended and the initial sentence for the DUI matter imposed upon you.

The consequences are that your sentence for the DUI will then be imposed upon you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption