Realtor mistakes

UPDATED: Jun 23, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 23, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Realtor mistakes

My realtor made mistakes on my sales agreement & did not make the changes for the bank who owned the property in a timely manner. They cancelled my sales agreement & listed the house for sale again. Also, the company listing the house did not disclose in writing on the listing the problem with the sewer system. What are my options legally?

Asked on June 23, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Michigan


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I am a lawyer in CT and practice in this area.  I suggest that you file a complaint with the real estate commission.  Every state has this as they regulate conduct of the real estate companies.  You could also sue the company for damages under a negligence theory (i.e. the agent breached its duty of care to perofrorm its servics in a reasonable manner and as a result you suffered damages in the form of lost profits from a real estate sale).  I suggest talking to a lawyer about this.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption