What are some things a seller should look out for when dealing with the sale of a house?
Get Legal Help Today
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: May 2, 2012
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.
We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.
The seller should consider the following:
(1) Whether or not to use a broker, and if so, the broker’s commission.
(2) What things (fixtures, equipment, built in furniture and the like) will be included in the sale?
(3) Is there anything that I should do in advance to “dress up” the property, from needed repairs to a new coat of paint?
(4) What is the asking price of the house?
(5) What price are you willing to accept?
(6) Are there any defects that you must by law disclose to the buyer?
(7) Do you have any debts or liens that may affect the sale of your home?
It is MOST IMPORTANT to have full and open disclosure of all physical aspects of the property and clear terms of sale in the purcahse agreement.