Can a listing agent continue to show homes even after it’s under contract, approved, and a closing date is set?

A listing agent may be able to continue to show a home to prospective buyers, depending on the agreement that the listing agent has with the person selling the house. Until the buyer actually owns the home and ownership has transferred to him, the buyer doesn’t have any legal right to control what is or is not done with the property. Thus, if the current owners and sellers want the agent to keep showing the property in case things fall through, this is legally permissible.

I own a property site with my sister who is living in it rent-free. She is not interested in purchasing my half. I’m not getting any use or value from the property as is. What are my options?

If your sister is unwilling to sell the property voluntarily or to pay you for your half, your best option is to sue for partition. Of course, before you rush to legal action, you may want to try working things out with your sister on your own and trying to come to some type of an agreement.

Do You Need a Lawyer on a Purchase and/ or Sale of a Home or Real Estate?

Although many people buy and sell houses each year on their own, it is a good idea to have an attorney represent your interests when you are buying or selling a house. An attorney who has experience in real estate can help you to draw up a contract that can be sure all contingencies have been considered. The real estate agent will be trying to get the deal done, so as to receive his/her commission, so it is good to have someone who specifically represents you, whether you are the buyer or the seller.