Question about possible harassment

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Question about possible harassment

I am a general manager in a restaurant. My son and daughter are also in management there. My boss the owner and I had been seeing each other casually for some time. Recently we both agreed to end the personal side. But now my boss is

Asked on September 24, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Arizona


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

The fact is that workplace harrassment is not necessarily illegal. A hostile work enviornment is one that comes about as the result of legally actionable discrimination. In other words, it must be based on lesser treatment due to an employee's race, religion, age (over 40), disbility, etc. The fact is that not all workers need be treated the same or even fairly (absent the above described discrimination). And such is not the case in your situation. Accordingly, while seemingly unfair and unprofessional, your treatment is legal.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption