What to do regarding amending a list of income and assets?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do regarding amending a list of income and assets?

After I signed the divorce papers that my husband filled out an filed, I noticed that he over estimated my income by about $1000/month. I didn’t make a correction to this and now I wonder if I should have. Also, I thought of something owned between us that he forgot to list. It is a small half-acre piece of property that my mobile home sits on. He listed the mobile home and I get to keep it but he forgot about the land. Can you direct me please if this needs to be addressed. Our court date

is in 2 days.

Asked on November 19, 2017 under Family Law, Missouri


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

It would be advisable to file an amendment with the court correcting the income and asset information.
The income correction is important to have accurate information for determining alimony and also to have correct information on an income and expense declaration.
The 1/2 acre should also be listed in the amendment to have accurate information about all assets.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption