Probation violation of ccw

UPDATED: May 26, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 26, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Probation violation of ccw

my bf was on probation for carrying a concealed weapon, about 3 months after he was sentanced he was caught and charge with ccw again. He is in jail awaiting trial and I wanted to know what time he is facing. We live in ohio.

Asked on May 26, 2009 under Criminal Law, Ohio


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I'm not an Ohio lawyer, but my research suggests that a second offense for unlawfully carrying a concealed weapon is a third degree penalty, with jail time that can range from one to five years, and a fine of up to $10,000.  He will also have his probation violated, so he will have to serve time for the first offense.

Criminal sentencing can take a lot of different things into account, so a lawyer would need quite a bit more information to have a better idea of what your boyfriend is looking at.  One place to look for counsel is our website,

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption