What to do about malpractice against an inmate?

UPDATED: May 28, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 28, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about malpractice against an inmate?

My husband is in prison. He was a tumor in his kidney and had gone through extensive testing. They know he needs surgery to remove it but has been put aside. He was schedule for surgery 2 months ago but was transferd. Is there anything we can do to spend up the surgery?

Asked on May 28, 2012 under Malpractice Law, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If your husband who is incarcerated needs to have surgery for a medical procedure but the prison is delaying the process, the best way to get matters back on track is to consult with an attorney experienced in the area of criminal defense law as well as the laws pertaining to inmates to assist in getting the surgery scheduled.

You will also need medical orders from your husband's treating physician concerning the need for the surgery that you have written about.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption