Will admitting the use of using marijuana result in the denial of admittance to the US?

UPDATED: May 16, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 16, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Will admitting the use of using marijuana result in the denial of admittance to the US?

We are curriently in Ciudad Juarez. My husband admitted using marijuana 13 years ago and only once before entering the US during his medical exam. He has no criminal history and we had a 601a waiver approved in the US. I am worried that his admittance of this will cause a denial. Please advise on what the procedure is on this issue?

Asked on May 16, 2014 under Immigration Law, Texas


Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Yes, this wil be a major problem. He may get a denial, but you will likely have to appeal or file another Waiver.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption