Pending Greencard renewal with a removal of the conditions

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Pending Greencard renewal with a removal of the conditions

My application i75 has been pending renewal with a removal of the conditions, Ive
had 2 extensions and since my husband and i have filed for divorce. The USCIS
has asked for more evidence supporting our application of marriage and are
wanting evidence of us having been married in good faith…That being said we
have since filed for divorce and I’m not sure how to resond as our circumstances
have changed. We did marry in good faith but are no longer together and the
evidence they require is to prove that we married in good faith and are together.
What steps should I take please?

Asked on July 17, 2017 under Immigration Law, New York


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can ask for a waiver of the joint filing and provide evidence that the marriage was bona fide at the time it was entered into and through its termination.  That should still entitle you to receive a green card even if you are no longer married.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption