our home is being repossessed by the owner. our landlord has gone into liquidation.

UPDATED: Jul 1, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

our home is being repossessed by the owner. our landlord has gone into liquidation.

We have been asked to sign a release agreement on our mobile home. The company that owns it has offered us $1000 and to move our home for free to their community. Can they pressure us to sign the 60 day notice? They have offered to waive July’s rent. do we still have to pay rent for August ? I know we can’t live here rent free. We are very confused. It seems they are doing a lot to help us but it seems they are telling us all of our rights. thank you so very much.

Asked on July 1, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Texas


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I'm really not clear on the situation here.  If you have an installment purchase contract for the mobile home, and you're being asked to give up your rights to that and just rent the place in their community, I think you need to have the agreement, and the whole situation, reviewed by a lawyer.  One place you can find an attorney to advise you on whether this deal makes sense or not, is our website, http://attorneypages.com

People on the other side of a business deal can't be counted on to tell you what's best for you, only what's best for them.  Count on an attorney of your own, to know the best choices for protecting your own interests.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption