What are my rights to a refund if dental services were not fully performed?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights to a refund if dental services were not fully performed?

I had been attending a dental school for removal of my teeth and dentures. After the procedure was done and waiting months to get permanent dentures, the day I picked them up was the last time they would see me. When I called about problems they told me they would issue a refund and would not let me just make an appointment for adjustments. After months going by and seeing another dentist, who said the

dentures needed lots of work, I called and left a message about the refund so I could start work at another dentist. New Link Destination
day I received a bill from them and I still don’t even have a full set of dentures. I kept all records and even the voicemail about the refund. I could really use some help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I even thought about contacting the news. This is crazy.

Asked on March 30, 2016 under Malpractice Law, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

They can't charge if for any work they did not do. If you paid for work that is not done, you could sue for a refund of the appropriate portion--e.g. if you paid $4,000 total and they did everything  but dentures, and the dentures were $1,000 of the bill, you could get $1,000  back. If the work was done unprofessionally and has to be redone, you could also sue for the cost to redo work caused by their negligence, or unprofessional carelessness.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption