No Contact Parole Stipulation

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

No Contact Parole Stipulation

My husbands parole officer has added a no contact order to his parole upon release that he can not have contact with me his wife. I am trying to find out how to fight this, get this removed. Please help.

Asked on June 8, 2009 under Criminal Law, Colorado


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I think you'll need to talk to your husband's attorney, or a lawyer of your own.  One place to find counsel in your area is our website,

This is unusual;  I've never heard of a parole condition like this except where there was a history of domestic violence, and the offender's spouse wanted the no-contact.  The only reason that I can imagine would be that for whatever reason, the parole officer has a problem with you, and that has to be very much a product of the unique facts of your husband's case -- or, quite possibly, a mistake about those facts.  You'll have to get deeper into this, to find out why, and to have any chance of changing it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption